What’s up and what’s poppin’ my beautiful internet homies? October is live and ready around my way, even though we’re still dealing with some crazy 80+ degree weather. I guess I should try and appreciate it as much as I can before the swift pimp slap of cold weather hits me directly on the cheekbone.
There are many things I love about the fall season including the fashion, the perfect weather, and just the overall beauty of nature. It all makes me feel so…cozy! It’s great!
Also, it’s October, so y’all know I got to talk about spooky season!!!
Halloween is pretty much my favorite holiday of the year. I love the act of dressing up; the spooky movies; and most importantly the CANDY. When I was a kid, trick or treating was incredible to me and my huge bag of candy usually lasted me for weeks and weeks on end. But, thankfully, now I can just buy my own supply of Reese’s peanut butter cups and gummy worms! Yay adulthood!
I have a couple of goals for the new month that I’m itching to reach:
- Be more consistent on this beautiful little blog of mine: At one point, I was posting three times a week. I’d really love to get back to that point and get back into writing music reviews/articles about music in general. (I just listened to The Carter V; pretty lit!)
- Do more freelance writing; pitch more: With my freelancing business, I’ve gotten a couple of consistent projects (which, of course, I love) but I also miss the excitement of getting new projects every week. I want to get back out there and introduce myself to new people and open myself up to new opportunities.
- Listen to more new music: I love music, and over the summer I’ve fallen off when it comes to new releases. I want to keep rejuvenating my music library and rediscovering new music.
- Take more chances: A couple of weeks ago, I decided to go to a Childish Gambino concert in DC in the course of about 24 hours. It was probably one of the craziest things that I’ve done, but it was also an EXCELLENT experience. (I swear, I never wanted it to end.) But, I want to essentially take that thinking and apply it to my everyday life (without the hits to my bank account LMAO.)
- Prepare for NaNoWriMo: I’ll get into it in a later post 😉
Comment below about the beautiful things that you’re reaching for in the month of October! Let’s be productive together! 🙂
Here’s some Bone, Thugs, and Harmony to add some inspiration to your Monday 🙂